Fanime Forum

Welcome to the Fanime Forum. If you are new, please feel free to sign up and help out the Fanime community!
Fanime Forum

The forum for Fanime and Fanimation

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 22 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:19 am

Latest topics

Diamant - magical girl fanime

MrPeakun

Diamant - magical girl fanime

Post by MrPeakun on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:07 am

Good gosh, I feel a bit nervous about posting but here I go~

I'm working on my fanime Diamant! It's about a magical girl group that learn their world is in danger, and they're the only ones that can help stop their enemies from destroying it! However, they can't defeat them alone. They need to first find the keeper of the Diamond - the person who has the purest soul - in order to save the world!

Its summary sounds very typical and cliche, but I've worked on putting plenty of twists and turns and back stories that prove the main story is not what it seems.

Obviously as I said it's a magical girl fanime (like there aren't enough already). The girl's... emblem so to speak are based on jewels/gems. I've chosen a handful, but honestly my story permits for plenty more "magical girls" as there are maaaany gems that I can't fit in the main story. Basically what I'm saying is that it's OC friendly, haha. Diamant is German (and French) for "Diamond," buuuut Germany nor does it language have anything to do with the story. I just liked how the word sounds. Uhm. It's not going to have "dark" twist (at least I don't think it's going to) - not because I don't like them, but just because I'm not good at them.

I've already uploaded the opening to youtube, made a tumblr, and I'm currently working on episode 1. I'm going for quantity over quality, since I want to get it out there, but I'm doing my best with the animation as well. I'm also doing the episodes in parts since one: the windows movie maker on my computer freaks out whenever I have a video over a few minutes long and two: I can get more told in a whole episode as opposed to condensing everything into a 5 minute episode.

That's about it. I'm not sure what I was hoping to accomplish with this post. But I hope I accomplished it anyway!

I'll add links to the opening and tumblr once I can post external links. However, I've already posted the opening to the opening forum here on the site, and if you go to the youtube page you can find the tumblr link in the description if you're really curious.
    NaokeSSS

Re: Diamant - magical girl fanime

Post by NaokeSSS on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:13 pm

>Its summary sounds very typical and cliche, but I've worked on putting plenty of twists and turns and back stories that prove the main story is not what it seems.
    > It's not going to have "dark" twist
    You are just awesome. Not typical mahou shoujo but without dark twists - this is what I was waiting for.
    Now I am pretty much interested. Waiting for the first episode!
    BloodyPocky

Post by BloodyPocky on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Thank god.
    I was getting sick and tired of these horrible dark twists.
    They really ruin fanimes, and the whole fanime if you ask me.
    I like what you got and think its very original C:
    MrPeakun

Post by MrPeakun on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:32 am

Ah, thank you two! ;u;
    Gosh, I hope I live up to the expectations, haha.

I quite like the dark twists myself, but I feel that since fanime is usually done by one person or small teams, it's harder to get episodes and the story out in the first place, and a good "dark twist" needs plenty of build up time with hints and foreshadowing, it's certainly hard to pull it off successfully in fanime.

That being said, I already have my story planned out, but I don't consider my twists as "dark." But if for some reason it does fall under the "dark" category, I apologize ahead of time. >3>

/cough i blame madoka magica. that show really got to me cough cough
    BloodyPocky

Post by BloodyPocky on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:33 pm

can't disagree with you there. xD
    BanaPanties

Post by BanaPanties on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:38 pm

So good!
    I'm sick of "OMG SO DARK AND EDGY!!!111" magical girl fanimes.
    If I wanted that I'd watch madoka XD

Can't wait!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:44 pm