Fanime Forum

Welcome to the Fanime Forum. If you are new, please feel free to sign up and help out the Fanime community!
Fanime Forum

The forum for Fanime and Fanimation

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 22 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:19 am

Latest topics

The "Who is online" box

MrPeakun

The "Who is online" box

Post by MrPeakun on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:50 pm

I'm not sure if the topic goes in this thread, but I'm assuming it does so here I go.

A while back I was looking at the "Who is online?" box, and when I clicked "View the whole list", I was brought to a page with a google map and a list of users and the part of the forum they're visiting.

What concerned me is that on the map, you can see the locations of each user on the forum, and you could probably find out where they live. While I don't really mind myself, I don't think other users would like have their exact location available for others to find.

Is there a way to remove the map alone? Or would the whole list and "Who is online" box need to be removed? If it's the latter, I think we should ask everyone on the forum whether it should be removed or not, since it's concerning their personal information.

Sorry for not bringing it up earlier!
    Evanimation

Re: The "Who is online" box

Post by Evanimation on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:52 pm

That's odd. Never noticed that. Definitely something worth looking into. o.O

I don't know how accurate it is, though, since it seems to think I'm in Kansas.
    MrPeakun

Post by MrPeakun on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:08 am

I'm not sure, but it does get my location right. At least from what I can see.
    FuchsiaMuffin
    Admin

Post by FuchsiaMuffin on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21 am

Hmmm... I don't know if I can remove this or not, but I did not know it showed the locations of people. I will check into this as soon as I can.
    MsIlluna

Post by MsIlluna on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:32 pm

Oh yikes I don't like that. It's not exactly right but it's very close. Yeah if someone could look into that, hopefully there's some way to get rid of it @@

I poked around Forumotion's help thread, I see this is an option someone suggested? "Go to AP > Display > Structure and Hierarchy > Display viewonline information box on index : Never and save."

I don't know what the backend of forumotion looks like but I guess it's worth a shot C:
    cassiroll

Post by cassiroll on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:42 pm

That's why I'm on hidden. I found that function the first day and assumed everyone already knew about it ^^;; if you switch to hidden, it hides your location.
    MrPeakun

Post by MrPeakun on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:14 am

I hope we can somehow remove it. >: I don't really like being on hidden, even though it doesn't really affect much.
    BloodyPocky

Post by BloodyPocky on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:52 pm

there are people from my area on this site at the moment. O_________O;
    FuchsiaMuffin
    Admin

Post by FuchsiaMuffin on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:51 am

MsIlluna wrote:Oh yikes I don't like that. It's not exactly right but it's very close. Yeah if someone could look into that, hopefully there's some way to get rid of it @@

I poked around Forumotion's help thread, I see this is an option someone suggested? "Go to AP > Display > Structure and Hierarchy > Display viewonline information box on index : Never and save."

I don't know what the backend of forumotion looks like but I guess it's worth a shot C:

I forgot about this I'm sorry guys! But thanks for this MsIlluna! I did this and hopefully this changes some things! It won't let me have an option to change this but... Hopefully this does something!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:34 am