Fanime Forum

Welcome to the Fanime Forum. If you are new, please feel free to sign up and help out the Fanime community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fanime Forum

Welcome to the Fanime Forum. If you are new, please feel free to sign up and help out the Fanime community!

Fanime Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanime Forum

The forum for Fanime and Fanimation

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:06 pm

Latest topics

» -Is this forum dead?-
How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 7:30 am by Torianimemaker

» Evil Guardian Blood Lust Part 2-Auditions
How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 5:20 am by xXxBunny09xXx

» Can someone take a look at the pilot script?
How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 12:06 pm by megawam

» Pretty Guardian: Forgotten Soldiers
How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 2:41 am by Justanimate2889

» Hello All! (Introductions~)
How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:22 pm by GissyEva

» Cyberpunk Digital Stage SR&VP Fanimation
How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:22 am by wcc9223

» Evil Guardian Blood Lust Audition_ CLOSED
How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:22 am by xXxBunny09xXx

» Al madinah international university opening apply for university colleges
How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:42 pm by sakantال

» Al-Madinah International University
How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:40 pm by sakantال

+5
Whirlwynd
Conbo
junmii
cassiroll
BanaPanties
9 posters

How To Do A Great Fanime Opening?

BanaPanties
    BanaPanties

How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? Empty How To Do A Great Fanime Opening?

Post by BanaPanties Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:00 am

Any tips on how to make a great fanime opening? Any tips, example ect.?
    cassiroll
    cassiroll

How To Do A Great Fanime Opening? Empty Re: How To Do A Great Fanime Opening?

Post by cassiroll Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:25 pm

I'd say make sure to include your most important characters in your story, if you're worried about running out of time.
    It's always interesting to see hints of foreshadowing as well, but be careful not to give too much plot away since it IS just an introduction to your show.
    You might want to try searching for a song that hasn't already been used beforehand, although that doesn't mean if something truly inspires you you can't give it a go. Some people can just be a bit annoying and can accuse you of 'copying' if you used the same fanime opening song as someone else (which isn't right, but hey it happens).
    junmii
    junmii

Post by junmii Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:45 pm

Personally, I've been watching music videos and other series' opening sequences to try getting ideas. If you want to make an "artsy" opening, you can look at different art styles and try to figure out an interesting concept, like giving the opening black-and-white colouring or kids'-crayons-style colouring, or paper cut-out drawings, etc.

As for some examples, I think the Nichijou ending "ZZZ" and openings are really catchy (both animation- and music-wise). The Honey & Clover first opening is interesting for not showing the characters at all (it's stop motion food art) and still fitting the show's feeling. And, the quickly flashing screens in the Evangelion opening is a classic....

Also, I think it's important to try to match the animation timing (or slideshow timing) to the rhythm of the music! It makes it come together much better than putting it together randomly (´w`

And... if one is using someone else's music, make sure you're allowed to use it. Obviously tons of fanime use a song from their favourite anime as their opening hahah.... but the best (and legal) thing is to find music that's free to use, like royalty-free music or music from the public domain, so I think it's good to think about your music choice!

That's my thoughts, I still haven't finished making any openings though lol. Hoping I can get one done this year!! (6w6
    BanaPanties
    BanaPanties

Post by BanaPanties Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Yea, since my fanime has more of a dark concept, I think I'll use a happy upbeat song like 'Happy! Lucky! Dochy!' From Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kira.
    Conbo
    Conbo

Post by Conbo Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:13 pm

Some tips I would suggest would be to keep things going. I wouldn't personally like to have a slideshow for an opening, but that's just me. I'd suggest to try to animate everything, even if it's just someone's head. To me, it looks more professional for the pictures to always be moving.
    (Though I say this, it is also okay to have some stills. I just suggest trying not to do it too often.)
    Whirlwynd
    Whirlwynd

Post by Whirlwynd Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:11 pm

When I'm planning an opening I choose the song first and study the structure of the song. I try to visualize atmospheres and movements based on the instrumentation and lyrics. Fast strings remind me of running and flying, choirs remind me of epic scenery, etc. I want the animation to emphasize the music as well as give an intro to my world.

Otherwise, I try to show my very best animation when composing an opening. If I'm not going to do an introductory segment, it's the first thing people are going to see when they click the video.
    StoryboArdist ☆
    StoryboArdist ☆

Post by StoryboArdist ☆ Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:26 pm

When I see an Opening the most cliche thing i see is running...that is all
    BloodyPocky
    BloodyPocky

Post by BloodyPocky Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:20 pm

one of these thinks i thought was cool in the pass, is sometimes people would make episodes before they uploaded anything about their fanimity.

they would take clips from their fanime and make it part of their opening.

that seems hard though.

i think it just finidng a song that you like, and fits your story.

if you cant enjoy the song, then you cant have fun with making the opening right?
    melty
    melty

Post by melty Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I was watching some fanime opening and the two main problems I saw were:

1. Too much stuff going on too quickly.
    2. Too little stuff of relevance going on.

I might write a whole article on this, since the OP is the first thing viewers will see.
    Generationsgirl
    Generationsgirl

Post by Generationsgirl Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:30 pm

I use referance to other animations that is nessesery too me.

Or Take examples from these
    BloodyPocky
    BloodyPocky

Post by BloodyPocky Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:58 am

I think what makes a great famine is working on your fanime xD!
    Taking the time to actually sit down and make it is most important..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:52 pm