Fanime Forum

Welcome to the Fanime Forum. If you are new, please feel free to sign up and help out the Fanime community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fanime Forum

Welcome to the Fanime Forum. If you are new, please feel free to sign up and help out the Fanime community!

Fanime Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanime Forum

The forum for Fanime and Fanimation

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:06 pm

Latest topics

» -Is this forum dead?-
Animation help? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 7:30 am by Torianimemaker

» Evil Guardian Blood Lust Part 2-Auditions
Animation help? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 5:20 am by xXxBunny09xXx

» Can someone take a look at the pilot script?
Animation help? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 12:06 pm by megawam

» Pretty Guardian: Forgotten Soldiers
Animation help? EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 2:41 am by Justanimate2889

» Hello All! (Introductions~)
Animation help? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:22 pm by GissyEva

» Cyberpunk Digital Stage SR&VP Fanimation
Animation help? EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:22 am by wcc9223

» Evil Guardian Blood Lust Audition_ CLOSED
Animation help? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:22 am by xXxBunny09xXx

» Al madinah international university opening apply for university colleges
Animation help? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:42 pm by sakantال

» Al-Madinah International University
Animation help? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:40 pm by sakantال

3 posters

Animation help?

CaiMelon
    CaiMelon

Animation help? Empty Animation help?

Post by CaiMelon Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:39 pm

This is my first attempt on animating something. Any pointers? I know it is rough and short but I couldn't think of anything else to do.
    BanaPanties
    BanaPanties

Animation help? Empty Re: Animation help?

Post by BanaPanties Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:51 am

CaiMelon wrote:

This is my first attempt on animating something. Any pointers? I know it is rough and short but I couldn't think of anything else to do.

That's pretty good. I don't have any real tips, according to how you animate though.
    cassiroll
    cassiroll

Post by cassiroll Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:00 am

CaiMelon wrote:

It depends on the motion you are trying and what's going on in the animation. If you were aiming for a head turn, score, you got it. If you were wanting them to turn around in amazement/confusion/shock...weeeell some more frames and bigger motion will be needed. Here are a few examples of some rough and finished animations that seem to be similar to the motion you were creating (again, just going out on a limb here based on the info provided by you. If I'm giving too much well, better more then nothing I suppose.)

I like this one because of the "rebound" animation as I call it, something that I do quite frequently for a more smooth and eye-appealing animation. It's where the character extends farther then the intended resting point, but then "rebounds" back/forward to where the end frame is, making it look almost bouncy.

This one isn't as detailed, but its smoother and the rebound is less obvious. I actually like the movement better than the old man.

This is my favorite, combining the detail of the first example and the movement of the second. It also has a nice stretch on the shocked facial expression for a really smooth and almost undetectable rebound.

~~~

I hope some of this helped! I was also thinking of anyone else who stumbled to this topic, so I just thought I'd throw in a few extra details~ If you're interested in practicing, here are 51 great animation exercises to do: http://misscaptainalex.wordpress.com/animation/51-animation-exercises/
    CaiMelon
    CaiMelon

Post by CaiMelon Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks for all of the resources! I was trying to go for a simple head turn. I skimmed the animator's survival guide and wanted to see if I could try animating for my fanime thing. Thanks again!
    BanaPanties
    BanaPanties

Post by BanaPanties Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:05 am

CaiMelon wrote:

I made sure the hair moved quite alot in mine ^.^
    cassiroll
    cassiroll

Post by cassiroll Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:26 am

I made sure the hair moved quite alot in mine ^.^

Looking good. I'd say there may be one more frame needed between the resting position of the head and the frame before that, but other then that the motion is nice and I like the hair movement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm